The week that was
Well, what a week. Got to love a public holiday in there .. which I will now have a new appreciation for, seeing as this week I joined the multitudes of "normal" workers.
Yep, I have finally given up the shift work, the bizarre travel times, and remote locations and isolation that goes with it, not to mention the hordes of erratic personalities associated with such work. (I have certainly had my fair share of those!)
Monday and Tuesday were spent doing a spot of retail therapy, of which I have become quite accustomed to wandering the shops and browsing endlessly. Monday night was an evening at the Belgium Beer Cafe, very nice indeed, and now that the Tour Down Under had ceased, alot less crowded! Scott and I sunk a few Sav Blanc's and pondered life's mysteries and idiosyncrasies.
Tuesday I went and had a massage (to exorcise all the weirdness of WA!) and then ended up with a visit to the accountant, which led to lunch at the pub and a few Pale Ales. I swear I have the best accountant ever! Tuesday night I caught up with my sis and a mate of her's from Bris-Vegas, we checked out the Glenelg BBQ restaurant, it was the best steak I have had in ages ... delish! The decor isn't much but the food was brilliant. Even the waiter was cute, but we figure he was only about 18, Sis made that deduction, I was going for the 16 age group, but seeing as he was serving alcohol, she worked out the 18 assumption. I really have to get out more!
Australia day was great to, a BBQ up at Modbury was hilarious. I met a few nice people, some fine members of our law enforcement team, and some student pilots (also quite cute, but alas, batting for the other team!) I promised to take the chickadee copper to the next B&S as she said she's never been to one, this could be quite hilarious, she's about my age, and pretty funny to!
I was stressing a bit about what I was going to wear for my first day of work, as you always do. (Unless of course you wear a uniform, which I had always done so previously) I changed my mind a few times but eventually came up with a skirt and shirt combo, you always meet alot of people on your first day so it's good to make anhalf way decent impression. First days are always interesting, alot like a first date (not that I have had any of those in a while, so I am taking a pretty big leap at linking the similarities here) It wasn't too bad, they have taken it pretty easy on me so far, with some minor meetings and alot of showing around with meeting and greeting. I am hopeless at names so I hope there isn't a test on that next week.
I have my own office to, which is HUGE! and pretty much a mini building to myself, with a couple of rooms for clinic and medical type stuff. There is a skeleton hanging up in the waiting area, I have big plans for him, he has a lot of comedic value and will come in handy for sure! His name is Yorrick .. yep, as in "Alas poor Yorrick" He even has his own ID tag. My official title is Occ Health Co-ordinator, but so far have been introduced as the 'new nurse'. It seems they cope with the concept of "nurse" better than "co-ordinator". You have visions associated with 'nurse' as in white shoes, uniforms and super powers to cure hangovers, but 'co-ordinator' ??? What the hell do they do ?! ( I am not 100% sure myself, but will fill you in as soon as I know!)
Ok, better go and pour myself a rum, I think I deserve one!

2 Comments:
Hey there just wanted to be the first to leave a comment on your new Blog, Keep up the good work 8/10
Jon Hogan
I am worried if they are introducing you as "the new nurse" people expect expect nurses to be sympathetic, kind, caring type people! fools !!!! ha ha love
Mum Chair of the Find Louise a NICE boyfriend Committee.
Any potential candidates, please submit a profile for examination and consideration. I am open to bribes and inducments!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home