Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Can of "Whoop-ass" for the Grand Poo Bah!

"sccccch" is the sound of the can of Whoop-ass I opened yesterday arvo!

The Flu saga is under control, and we are (or rather 'I') am showing great resilience at being able to do complete 360's and run with whatever bizarre plan they care to think of.
Ha! Take that Poo-bah!

I managed to get it all up and running, dates booked for the Salisbury Country Club, and awaiting final numbers for the Far West and Can't-berra sites. My flashy email went out yesterday arvo, and from that time onward there has been a steady but slow trickle of clients through the door. I made them all get up and come over and book themselves in. Even though the wording I thought was fairly simple, yet informative, there are many who can't or choose not to read instructions carefully! (sigh) can't win 'em all, but we keep trying. I even had a snooty PA to the chief call me and have a go at me about wording! It did imply "daily" bookings were available, but just didn't have that particular word .. I think I said, "open between .... Up to COB on the 31st", to me that kind of means everyday?! Go figure!

This arvo I was granted "supreme access" to the Intranet .. As in, I am now "Web-Girl" for OH&S. I promised to use my 'spidey senses' for good and not evil! *snigger snigger* I had Rob (my mentor) shaking his head and mumbling "I have created a monster!"
This just means I can dick around on our pages and change/add stuff, although imagination and flamboyancy are not encouraged, as they all have to stick to a certain format. Rats ... I had such plans!
So I exercised my new skills this arvo .. She who knows 'jack' about Front Page was learning fast! I just tidied up my Flu Page, and made a link etc. Then it wouldn't come back up! Mass panic, email Melb and beg for help! They got it fixed in a jiffy (about 30 seconds!) and all was well.
I just cacked my dacks as the big push for Flu started and I made the page disappear after I added more info to it! Doh! Some crap about up-loading and mirroring ???

Righteo, tomm is a day in the city at an Audio course, should be a laugh, some of the guys from RFDS will be there, so we can catch up on gossip etc about the Big S. and anything else, Dr / Nurse / Pilot scandals and the sort.

I am so knackered still from the weekend, I forfeited swimming tonight in favour of trackie dacks and the couch, I did do 20 laps yesterday lunch time though, and I will be public transporting and walking tomm, so I think I can have a night off! I have also had a fair bit of real coffee today and my head is whizzing around ... a 'fair bit' for me is anything more than 2, seeing Green Tea is the preferred beverage (I need all the Detox effects available right now!)

OK, time for the Simpsons and left over curry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home