A Hazy shade of summer ....
Hello campers ...
Ahhh, I love summer and all things associated with it. The long lazy days sipping back vino and admiring the scenery. But since daylight savings has finished we are consumed by long hot dark nights.
One such a weekend has just passed, with a week of unseasonably hot and windy weather, a bunch of us trekked off to somewhere near Karoonda, for the Drought Busters B&S Ball, which getting there itself was a misadventure.
Anyho, much Rum was consumed and a GREAT time had by all, and some of us were had by some.
Al flew down from Darwin for the event, and we took along two B&S Virgins, both nurses. I apparently was the more seasoned B&S goer, so was head leader-er astray of all. There were heaps of people, not sure how many, but alot. It was stinking hot, overcast and bloody windy, ensuring everything was covered in a fine layer a red dust. The dust coupled with the dousing of rum and beer, made most people look like animated mud sculptures. You would get covered in rum, a big gust of wind and dust across the compound, and you were not wet anymore, just cacked in crap! Great fun, wouldn't have it any other way!
Danced all night like an epileptic spider ( I wasn't the lone ranger there!) Most blokes ended up half naked, due to the heat etc, which made for some nice eye candy. I had a great time and developed a system like last year of getting rum out of the bar tenders when the rum wasn't being served .. I think it was beneficial for all of us! Especially me, as I got the drink!

The Girls - before the ball, a Teacher and 3 Nurses!
We had a great time, and all ended up pretty happy. For me, there was a young fella, a very tidy looker and dancer, but I had professional issues ... he works across the road from me, that could be bad, so unfortunately we went home alone! (sigh) better luck next time eh?!

The morning after .. De and I stand triumphantly on the back of the Ute ... we survived! (more to the point, she survived her first B&S ... I dare say not her last one either now!)
I got back on the horse and giggled most of the way home while Al did the piloting .. he said I snored, but I beg to differ! I also picked up a new sticker for the the UTE ... to go with the "offensive" theme ... it says "What don't you understand about this Ute" I thought it quite fitting!

1 Comments:
Giddeup!!
If it wasnt snoring, what where you doing to create the noise.....?
Post a Comment
<< Home