Update
Well, heaps has happened since February, mainly the fact that I turned another year older, then again, so did Rob.
We decided to take advantage of the Financial Crisis and snap up some cheap Airfares, so we went to Malaysia.
It was fine, not a place I would go back to though. We spent a couple of weeks, in Langkawi and KL, and went up to the Cameron Highlands – which was possibly the best part. Aside from the tour company! We were the only 2 people on this magical mystery tour, which was hilarious. We really wanted to go to a tea plantation, and see how it all worked etc. The closest we got was a shop on the side of the road, overlooking the plantation, selling tea and associated paraphernalia. Then we had to endure a butterfly house, and cactus farm and thank god we got out of going to the strawberry farm! Instead we opted for street stalls selling strawberry things – blow up strawberries, strawberry towels, pajamas, giant magnets and even soap.
In Langkawi, we went out on a dive charter which was nice, seeing I dragged my gear over there for it! It was a pretty rough day, and the current was strong. I got Rob to come out on the dive to, which was nice, as it was his first time, he and the dive master went together and I just followed them around.
I did the obligatory spew when I came up, all the bobbing around on the surface waiting to get in the boat just got to me! Up side was, it attracted some more fish!
We generally spent the rest of the time slumming around the pool, drinking beers, and then we decided to hire a car … you can drive around the entire Island of Langkawi in about 2 hours.
We definitely got what we paid for! For the princely sum of $25 AUS a day, we had a Proton. We knick named it ‘surprise’ as we were very surprised when it started each day, and I am pretty sure that when you turn the key off, the car is meant to stop to … ours didn’t! (well it eventually did!)
Other things – we built the great wall of Aberfoyle Park, and put in a u-beaut retaining wall at the folks place, that was back in Feb/March, and the cement mixer is still there!
Our house developed a bad case of “indoor water feature” in the lounge and the spare room; hence we have hunted high and low for roofers. That exercise was interesting indeed!
The quotes we got ranged from ‘WTF’ to ‘OMG’, it was only after chance we happened upon Rod The Roofer. Who came in at a more sensible $. Which amazed me, as there are really only 2 or 3 places you can buy the materials from, so why such the horrendous difference in $ between companies? It was not like we were getting the Gotta group or Modern It to come and quote, you avoid them like the plague! If tradies can’t be bothered to do the job, just say that, and don’t come out and quote!
Anyway, after today I should be able to pick up all the buckets and wash all the towels that have been adorning our floors.
Then we can have the next lot through to fix up all the water damaged ceilings, Oh joy, it never ends!
In the meantime, we salvaged a rather nice ceiling rose from a house being demolished, and we are working out how to restore that!
Work is just the same, it never ends; really, I am just waiting to see what course I can do next! I assume it will be the Masters of OHS Management, seeing I am done with the Grad Dip.
Righteo, better get back to it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home