Finally Forced to Grow up ....
This week has been a bit of a pisser. The universe is cross with me somehow and is messing with my head!
Firstly ... I have a hangover for most of the Anzac weekend, no surprises there really! Met up with an old school friend who has been working over seas (seems like forever now) and we all go out for dinner. Matt clues us up on the comings and short comings of other old school friends. Dave and I feel immensely better about our lives and start to think they are not that Fa-cucked up after all!
Ate way too much food and hence opt for a stroll home, after getting ice-cream of course!
Work was hectic. It seems like the tail chasing is still going on, and the more I fight it, the more I loose! I did however make it past my 3 month probation. I asked for official confirmation, but it was lacking ... I informed my boss, he knows where to find me, and until such time it's in writing, I'll be sleeping in and staying home! He said that wasn't necessary and to please come back to work. Gotcha!
My mentor has also buggered off on 3 months long service leave, sink or swim time! at least I am not drowning anymore!
The day before he left, we successfully ran a medical emergency simulation.
It went fine, all my young apprentices did fairly well, the mannequin was revived and the pretend (actor) patients didn't die! (although I nearly died laughing from their over-acting!)
It was all good. Especially the de-brief where there was wine and cheese, hooray!
Now I am fairly confident to take off a day here and there in the reassurance that all will not turn to shit if the proverbial should occur! *big sigh*
Back to the growing up saga ....
My bloody land lord, whom we shall now refer to as the 'evil one' has decided that he hasn't been making quite enough money out of me (probably true) and has issued me a increase note.
By the massive sum of $65 a week increase ... Holy moley! I had to sit down after reading that one.
On one hand, it was probably due, but it's a fairly rude shock to do it all at once.
I do have 60 days ... June 22nd is the "up" date. crap crap crap!
I have now been forced to bite the bullet and become a raving capitalist and enter the big grown up world of home ownership.
Which leads me to my next point .... fa-cucking real estate agents .... Lying bastards who could not lay straight in bed! Ha ... Your days of not working hard are finally coming to an end. At least the boom has busted and that music in everyone's head has stopped. You know, musical chairs music. When the music stopped playing you had to run out and buy the first house you could lay your hands on for no matter what the asking price was. Double it, and it was yours!
Thankfully, no quite so anymore.
I have spent all weekend driving around the suburbs looking at house after house. It's bloody confusing let me tell you! Thankfully I had a great navi-guesser who directed me quite well, and told one or two agents exactly what she thought! On ya De! tell it like it is!
Anyho, I have just got home and am rather knackered. Another late night last night, did not exactly clear or focus the mind for such tasks as hunting.
I have extracted one's boots in favour of comfy bogan boots and exchanged jeans for trackie dacks ... time for some dinner (although after bloody late lunch at Cafe De Villis ... plus a roadie cheescake slice...mmmmm) I am not that hungry.
I have just finished putting all my digi pics of dwellings in my house hunt folder and will sort them out tomm.
There is a front runner house, and a back up one. We will investigate this further very soon. The clock is ticking and I need to get my arse out. I object to a landlord robbing me blind, so I might aswell let a bank do it!

1 Comments:
Hey Lou, funny my landlord did the same thing. Question Aare you up for a lease renewal and if not then by law he can't bump up the rent that much. Christian
Post a Comment
<< Home